Re: [ft] Vertical metrics from FT_GlyphRec - possible?

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] Vertical metrics from FT_GlyphRec - possible?
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 16:11:06 +0200 (CEST)

> I wanted to give the caching code in FreeType a whirl [...] but when
> I look at using the cache, I see I get back a glyph, not a glyph
> slot.  The glyph itself does not seem to have vertical metrics.
> Specifically, there is no vertical advance, just a generic "advance"
> which seems to correspond to the horizontal.

I'm not very well acquainted with the cache code, but I seem to
remember that glyph metrics and kerning data are *not* cached.  You
have to do that by yourself -- I think it should be possible to use
the generic FreeType cache functions to model something after, say,
`FTC_CMapCache'.  Look at the code in src/cache/ftccmap.c.  We would
be happy if you could then contribute your code to us.