Re: [ft] ftdiff

From: Michael Zedler
Subject: Re: [ft] ftdiff
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 17:58:19 +0200

Hi David,

David Turner schrieb:
I put a screenshot on and it seems that the *left* is unhinted...

Nope, the left column *is* the result of the bytecode interpreter.
that's exactly what your screenshot is showing...

Whoa. The left column I consider worst ;-) What a difference to OS X rendering, http.// (I tried different gamma values).

But looking through the dev-archives this seems to be a well known problem. (I re-checked with ClearType rendering enabled in FreeType, but didn't notice a difference).