Re: [ft] Seeking answers on subpixel rendering

From: Ismail Dönmez
Subject: Re: [ft] Seeking answers on subpixel rendering
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 18:46:11 +0200

On Friday 23 March 2007 06:31:53 chojin wrote:
> I am a long time windows user who has, around once a year for the past 6 or
> so years, tried to make an effort to switch my business (graphic design and
> web development) over to linux and the one thing consistently holding me
> back is font rendering... freetype is the best attempt so far, but is SO
> far away from windows and osx.

Yes its far from perfect but not that bad either, read on
http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg00972.html to fix color
fringes.

/ismail

--
Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know. (Ernest Hemingway)

Ismail Donmez ismail (at) pardus.org.tr
GPG Fingerprint: 7ACD 5836 7827 5598 D721 DF0D 1A9D 257A 5B88 F54C
Pardus Linux / KDE developer