Re: [ft] FMDisposeFontFamilyIterator

From: mpsuzuki
Subject: Re: [ft] FMDisposeFontFamilyIterator
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 13:35:46 +0900

Hi,

On Thu, 18 May 2006 16:01:56 -0700
Dave Viner <address@hidden> wrote:
>Altho the problem is generated from using GD, it appears to be an
>unresolved symbl in libfreetype.  I downloaded freetype-2.2.1 and
>compiled from source.  I am on a mac 10.4.6, gcc 4.0.1.

Oops, could you send me build/unix/config.log, if you build
manually. If you used something like Xcode, please send me
whole of freetype2 build directory.

>Any ideas on what causes this problem? and how i can fix it?

_FMDisposeFontFamilyIterator() is legacy FontManager API in
classic MacOS QuickDraw. To disable QuickDraw dependency,
you can use the option for configure:

        --with-quickdraw-carbon=no

I've ever written build/unix/configure to detect the availability
of such legacy API, but it seems that now it does not work well.

Regards,
mpsuzuki