[ft] freetype-1.3.1 compile error

From: filippo Lombardo
Subject: [ft] freetype-1.3.1 compile error
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 09:25:20 +0200 (CEST)

Hi everyone on the list,

I'm trying to compile freetype-1.3.1.tar.gz on my linux box.
At the configure time I got such messages:

checking for libintl.h... (cached) yes
checking for gettext in -lintl... (cached) no
checking for msgfmt... (cached) /usr/local/bin/msgfmt
checking for dcgettext... (cached) yes
checking for gmsgfmt... (cached) /usr/local/bin/msgfmt
checking for xgettext... (cached) /usr/local/bin/xgettext
checking for msgmerge... (cached) /usr/local/bin/msgmerge
found xgettext program is not GNU xgettext; ignore it
I guess this is right:

creating ./config.status
creating Makefile
creating MakeSub
creating lib/arch/unix/Makefile
creating test/arch/unix/Makefile
creating po/Makefile.in
creating ft_conf.h
ft_conf.h is unchanged

But then I get these:

xgettext not available: freetype.pot not updated
/usr/local/bin/msgfmt: error while loading shared libraries: libiconv.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory ( ** )
make[1]: *** [de.gmo] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/GTK+/freetype-1.3.1/po'
make: *** [ttpo] Error 2
address@hidden freetype-1.3.1]#

I have googled all around and found nothing, then I made a search with this list's engine, but found only two documents when I put in the message: "xgettext not available: freetype.pot not updated"
I found 20 documents when I put the error message marked with ( ** ) but none was useful to me.

I guess the version of gettext I installed is not the right one,although I believed it was, or maybe I missed something in the installation.
I installed gettext-0.14.5.tar.gz and libiconv-1.9.2.tar.gz
I made a "find / -iname 'libiconv.so.2 -print" and found nothing; I made this just to be sure of its absence.
I have GNU make version 3.79.1

Can someone give me a hint ?
I'll go on searching anyway, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your attention

Filippo Lombardo

Yahoo! Mail: gratis 1GB per i messaggi, antispam, antivirus, POP3