Re: [ft] Monochrome Bitmap Trouble

From: Masatake YAMATO
Subject: Re: [ft] Monochrome Bitmap Trouble
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 19:35:04 +0900 (JST)

> Here is my code please tell me if I am doing something wrong.

> /* the pen position in 26.6 cartesian space coordinates; */
> Pen.x = 100
> Pen.y = 100;
> Slot->advance.x = iInterCharSpace;

`;' is needed after `Pen.x = 100'.

> /*Initiate Library*/
> Error = FT_Init_FreeType( &m_Library );
> /* set transformation */
> FT_Set_Transform( Face, &Matrix, &Pen );

Annoying comments. It is too obvious.

First, remove unnecessary comments for reviewing your program. Some of
reviewer know very well about FreeType2 API.  Therefore, the comments
you may need is not necessary for them.

You may not want to review following example:

#include <stdio.h> /* printf is declared here. */
int/* Generally main returns an integer.
On my s30, x86 note PC bought from IBM, the integer is
represented in 32bit. */
main /* In C language, main is the entry point for a
prgoram. Maybe reserved word. However, look at linux
kernel, could you find main function? It is your
homework*/(void) /* I'm too busy to write about
arugments. */{/* Begininng of block. Don't use
BEGIN. this is not pascal. */
printf /* printf function is for formatted printing
*/("hello world\n", /* Japanese may say KONNICHIWA
SEKAI in stead of "hello world"*/); return /* main
returns an integer value. */0/* main returns 0. generally
0 means no problem is occurred during execution. */
;/* this is delimiter put between statements in C language.

*/} /* End of block. Don't use END. This is not postscript */

Masatake YAMATO