Re: [Freetype] How to print in EPS

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Freetype] How to print in EPS
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2004 08:21:16 +0200 (CEST)

> Thank you for your response, I understand that it is difficult to
> get the same results on screen and on paper for all possible fonts,
> but I was wandering if it could be done for a small subset:
> postscipts support a few internal fonts (which should be enough for
> me) by definition I can print them, I was wondering if I could use
> freetype to get them on the screen.  Can I load these fonts with
> freetype?

Most PS fonts can be handled with FreeType.  To get kerning, `attach'
the corresponding AFM file (see documentation).  In case you have a
recent OpenType font it is possible that you have to extract the
kerning by yourself from the GPOS table since FreeType doesn't support
that.

> and where can I find the corresponding files?

I don't understand this question.  The PS module is normally included
during compilation of the library.