[Freetype] Slow FT_Set_Pixel_Sizes function on amd64

From: Roman Bednarek
Subject: [Freetype] Slow FT_Set_Pixel_Sizes function on amd64
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 13:42:28 +0200 (CEST)

  Hi
  On  gentoo amd64 I have freetype 2.1.5 installed, and the following
short program:

#include <ft2build.h>
#include FT_FREETYPE_H
#include FT_GLYPH_H
#include FT_OUTLINE_H
#include FT_TRIGONOMETRY_H

FT_Library library;
FT_Face face;

int main()
{
    FT_Init_FreeType( &library );
    char *filename="ariali.ttf";
    int rc=FT_New_Face( library, filename, 0, &face );
    if (rc) return 1;
    FT_Set_Pixel_Sizes( face, 2048, 2048 );
    FT_Done_Face( face );
    FT_Done_FreeType( library );
    return 0;
}

runs about 10s, where on 32 linux it loads font very fast.

   The font file ariali.ttf is from Microsoft, arial.ttf and arialbd.ttf
fonts are loaded normally (very fast), only italic versions(of all fonts I
have) are very slow.
   Can you suggest me something I can do to solve that problem? Thank for
any help.

   Roman Bednarek