[Freetype] Freetype

From: Jon Harrop
Subject: [Freetype] Freetype
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 13:52:53 +0000

Hi!

I just got broadband and upgraded to the latest Debian Sarge running KDE. I
now have a problem which I think is caused by Freetype. Basically, the fonts
on my screen look so damn good that I can't help but stare at them for hours.
Now I've got this really painful headache which wont go away.

On a more serious note - I think my Type 1 fonts are screwed up and I think
the reason for this is that the FT_Outline_Decompose function is broken. I
noticed this when trying to use it for my vector graphics engine and the
output which I got then looks a lot like the output which KDE is giving now
(basically the cubic Beziers have end and control points mixed up). I think
I've got a reimplementation in ocaml which I can post if you think that would
help. It's vastly smaller and more elegant than the current code in Freetype.

Cheers,
Jon.

PS: Good work, guys!
PPS: All that effort on hinting has paid off, IMHO.