[Freetype] Can't use FT_RENDER_MODE_LIGHT

From: Christian Demmer
Subject: [Freetype] Can't use FT_RENDER_MODE_LIGHT
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 23:35:51 +0100

Hello,

I just updated my FreeType library from 2.1.3 to 2.1.7. I observed that
the contrast of the rendered text appears to be higher than before. So I
tried the new mode FT_RENDER_MODE_LIGHT

err := FT.GlyphToBitmap(glyph, (*rendermode*) FT.ftRenderModeLight, org,
0X);

and this call fails with error 0x13 (cannot render this glyph format).
Just replacing ftRenderModeLight by ftRenderModeNormal makes everything
work again. Am I missing something important that must be changed, too?

I tried ftRenderModeLCD, too. This call does not result in an error, but
my renderer is not prepared to handle the color bitmap, so text looks
very strange, but it does not fail.

Thanks for your help, Christian