[Freetype] Strange text rotation problem

From: Robert Meador
Subject: [Freetype] Strange text rotation problem
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 16:02:27 -0800

I'm using PHP 4.2.3, GD lib 2.0+, Freetype enabled.

On my local test server, using imagettftext(), text is properly rotated 90
degrees counterclockwise. On my remote server (PHP set up by the admin, not
me), the line of text rotates 90 degrees, but then the individual characters
rotate an ADDITIONAL 90 degrees so the letters are stacked upside down.

So what should look like this (with your head tilted to the left):

Some text

Displays like this (when you're standing on your head):

Anyone ever run across this one?

- Bob Meador