Re: [Freetype] Free Bitstream fonts

From: Andrew Derrick Balsa
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Free Bitstream fonts
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 01:17:08 +0800

Hi,

Perhaps I should clarify why I wrote I thought it was logical to have the Free
Bitstream fonts included with Freetype.

It seems to me that a font rendering library makes more sense with a set of
fonts that demonstrate its capabilities. Also, since both GNOME and KDE use
Freetype, it seemed a good idea to include the fonts with freetype, perhaps
not in the library package itself, but to me it makes a lot of sense to
include it in the demos package.

But first you may want to take a look at what is being talked about:

http://www.bitstream.com/categories/products/fonts/vera/index.html

So we are talking about the Vera font. Personally I donĀ“t know how it compares
to Luxi, is it better, worse or the same?

--
Andrew D. Balsa
address@hidden