[Freetype] Stable version

From: James Ots
Subject: [Freetype] Stable version
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 00:09:51 +0000

> The --without-x option is broken in 1.3.1, IIRC.  Please get the
> current development snapshot (well, for all practical purposes, this
> is already stable).

The web page keeps talking about stable and development versions. Which are
which? Are 2.1.x development and 2.0.x stable, or is 2.1.1 just the next in
sequence after 2.0.9?

I'm about to start a project which uses freetype, and I'm wondering if I
should use the installed version (2.0.8), or install a newer one.

(I'm also just wondering if I should update anyway, or if I should stick with
the supplied SuSE rpms so that it'll be easier to do an official upgrade when
the next version comes out...)

--
Cheers
James Ots