Re: [Freetype] Japanese text

From: 山内 英敏
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Japanese text
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 21:45:05 +0900 (JST)

Hello,

From: Chris Forno <address@hidden>
Subject: [Freetype] Japanese text
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 20:59:26 -0400

> Anyway, I know this is a mess, but I would really appreciate any
> pointers to any information that can help me figure out how to do
> this.
>
> By the way, I do not speak (much) Japanese and have very little
> experience with Japanese information processing outside of using a
> Japanese IRC client.

Have You already read "CJKV Information processing"?
(If you want to see the online catalogue, please see at
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/cjkvinfo/ )

From: Mark Storer <address@hidden>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 09:44:39 -0700

> Setting a cmap is fairly simply...
>
> if(FT_Select_Charmap(face, ft_encoding_unicode) == 0)
> {
>       // it worked
> }

----
#include <ft2build.h>
#include FT_FREETYPE_H

if (FT_Select_Charmap(face, ft_encoding_unicode) == FT_Err_Ok)
{
  FT_Load_Char(face, char_code, load_flags);
  // not FT_Load_Glyph
}
----

--- Yamano-Uchi, Hidetoshi