Re: [Freetype] FreeType API extension request

From: Juliusz Chroboczek
Subject: Re: [Freetype] FreeType API extension request
Date: 29 May 2002 11:28:53 +0100

David, thanks a lot.  I'll get a copy of your CVS and test your code
tonight or tomorrow.

DT>     FT_Int  FT_Has_PS_Glyph_Names( face )

I don't agree with the name.  It returns false for TrueType fonts even
if they have a post table -- and this is the correct behaviour, as
many TrueType fonts have incorrect names there.

DT>       a unique
DT>       function per table type seems better since it avoids
DT>       "generic" pointer casts

Fully agreed -- I modelled myself on FT_Get_Sfnt_Table.

DT>       I prefered to put this in an XFree86 specific
DT>       header file, since I don't want people to begin using it
DT>       to test font formats

Right.

                                        Juliusz