Re: [Freetype] Win32 text-rendering

From: Leonard Rosenthol
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Win32 text-rendering
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 11:37:15 -0400

At 3:58 PM +0200 5/28/02, Niels Moseley wrote:
Well, it produces a pure white bitmap on some of my .WMFs and on others it just crashes! .. I'm still not impressed by LIBWMF.. :-!

That's not good! Can you send me some of those WMF's so we can fix it?

To me it seems Freetype does it's hinting slightly differently from Windows.

That is correct, because MSFT has a license for the patented hinting stuff that FT doesn't support. You'd have to either get a license for it, and then enable that feature in FT...

This is really annoying but I guess there is no easy way to get the extact same text output from Freetype as the Windows GDI. 8-(

        Not exact, no.  But the measurements should be the same...

Leonard
Leonard Rosenthol                            <mailto:address@hidden>
                                             <http://www.lazerware.com>