Re: [Freetype] ttmkfdir problem

From: James H. Cloos Jr.
Subject: Re: [Freetype] ttmkfdir problem
Date: 17 May 2002 00:21:23 -0400

I gave mkfontscale a try on that font.  It also generated an xlfd w/o
a family name.  So I used fonttools to dump it to xml.  It looks like
the font is buggy.  But ttmkfdir and mkfontscale probably ought to be
able to deal better than they do.

The problem is that the font's name table has empty entries for the 8
name IDs for platform 0 encoding 0.  ttmkfdir and mkfontscale must
grab the first nameID="1" in the table.  They should probably check
whether that entry is "" and skip to the next platform/encoding
if it is, until one has a length > 0.

-JimC