Re: [Freetype] LoadGlyph Time

From: Thibault Jamme
Subject: Re: [Freetype] LoadGlyph Time
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 23:55:22 +0100

Hi,

Just a thought...

>> How about a jit for the bytecodes?
Freetype compiles to many platforms and onto several
very different processors... So a a different JIT would
be required for each different processor.
(ie, x86, sparc, PowerPC, etc.)

Otherwise I suspect the fonts byte code is pretty packed
already and most of it's structures don't need any parsing.
When I wrote the Aptilis Language, I wrote a parser and
some sort of byte code compiler. But once you've got the
byte code, then unless you compile for a specific platform,
you can't go much lower-level than that.

Rgds,
Teebo

The Village is at http://village.glaine.net/

YOU have the power: http://www.glaine.net/