[Freetype] MingLiu font problem

From: Boris Letocha
Subject: [Freetype] MingLiu font problem
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 10:56:34 +0200

Hello freetypers :-)

Attached image show problem which we have with FT 2.0.4 and same problem
is in 2.1.0 release.
Font is mingliu.ttc from Win2K. This character is 0x5000 in Unicode.
Left is rendering from our application using FreeType for getting
character path and right is from WordPad from Win2K. Sizes are not
completly same, but problem is visible. "same" problem is in same font
in a lot of other characters. (we getting unhinted contours from FT)
It looks like wrong scaling of sub-glyphs.
Same character in font SimSun looks same in our app and win2k.

Is this known bug? Or it is some problem with TT bytecode interpreter?
(We have it switched on)

Boris Letocha

PS: I am from Czech Republic so I don't know what this char means ...