Re: [Freetype] FT_FaceRec->max_advance_height

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [Freetype] FT_FaceRec->max_advance_height
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 10:44:48 +0200

Hi Wallace,

Wallace Chigona a écrit :

> Hello,
> What does the FT_FaceRec->max_advance_height really represent?
>
> I have 2 problems with this values.
> (1) I am getting a negative value.  How can height be negative?
> (2) Regardless of the  pixel size , i.e FT_Set_Pixel_Sizes(face, 0,
> aSize ), the value does not change.
>
> I am I doing something wrong?

This value is only relevant when a font contains vertical
metrics (this can be tested with the macro FT_HAS_VERTICAL(face)).
It should be ignored otherwise. I'm a bit surprised to see some
negative value however. In which fonts does this happen ??

Second, the value is expressed in font units, and doesn't depend
on the current size/scale.

Regards,

- David