[Freetype] Bug/Problems with linking against Freetype (undefined referen

From: Frank Osterfeld
Subject: [Freetype] Bug/Problems with linking against Freetype (undefined reference)
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 19:09:26 +0200

Hi,

I hope this is the right place for bug reports.

I installed Freetype version 2.0.4 (from source) because it was required from
the SDL-GUI-Lib Paragui. I had no problems with compilation and installation
of freetype (before I tried to link (dynamically) against it), but running
the configure-skript of paragui an error occured. In config.log I found the
following line:

/usr/local/lib/libfreetype.so.6: undefined reference to `atexit'

When I enter "ld -lfreetype" at the shell prompt, the same error message
appears. (Ok, with "libfreetype.so" instead of "libfreetype.so.6")

I think "atexit" is a function of libc, so I'm not really sure if this is
a Freetype bug or a problem with my system.
But because my system is completely built from source and I never had
problems like this, I decided to report it.

My system:

Gnu/Linux  (Linux From Scratch)

libc: 2.2.3
gcc: 2.95.2