Re: [Freetype] Compile FreeType1.3.1 with Borland C++5.02

From: Antoine Leca
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Compile FreeType1.3.1 with Borland C++5.02
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 16:46:43 +0000

Hi Cheon,

Cheon Min Kim wrote:

> I've just downloaded the FreeType 1.3.1
> I'm using Borland C++ 5.02 compiler, but your source has only project
> file valid only for BC 4.5
> Could you send me the project available for BC 5.0 ?

I beg your pardon?

The .IDE file that is shipped with freetype 1.x was built with BC++ 5.0,
not with an earlier version. And anyway, the format is the same between
4.x and 5.0x, so any version is able to open the file (of course, since
4.x is not able to deal with >8 character long filenames, these are
dropped; but that is not a problem in practice; Not sure this applies
to Freetype 1, though).

Also, as it should be mentionned somewhere in the documentation, when
you open the .IDE using Borland C++, the program complains about a bad
format for the companion .DSW file. This is "normal", since this file
pertains in fact to Microsoft VC++, not Borland; the warning is harmless
and be happily ignored.

Another problem is that you perhaps should edit the path for the main
include and lib directory (Options/Project/Directories).

Hope it helps,

Antoine