[Freetype] FreeType and giflib

From: Pedro Proença
Subject: [Freetype] FreeType and giflib
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 14:42:07 -0400

This might be slightly off-topic but I could use some help:

I wrote a small utility that renders glyphs using FreeType (2.0.4) and saves them as image files (GIF, JPEG, and PNG). Currently I am using anti-aliased (ft_render_mode_normal) fonts and everything works fine. I am in the process of adding an option to render the glyphs without anti-aliasing (ft_render_mode_mono) and so far things are not going well: the images come out as black squares. Has anyone had a similar experience (I'm using giflib 4.1.0)?

Thanks in advance,
Pedro Proenca