Re: Advice on the compilation of freetype engine

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Advice on the compilation of freetype engine
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 10:14:18 +0200 (CEST)

> I am very much interested in creating fonts for the Bengali
> Language.  I have downloaded a copy of the free FreeType codes
> recently from your web site to build a win32 DLL.  For this I have
> used "freetype.c" for compilation with Microsoft Visual C++ ,
> version 5.0 but without success.  Probably, my failure is due to my
> inability to define the macros "EXPORT_DEF" and "EXPORT_FUNC".  I
> need your help in this regard.  Please help.  I use Windows' 98.

Which version of FT do you use?  OpenType support is currently only in
the development snapshot of FreeType 1.x (note that GPOS support has
been added after version 1.3.1).  Due to some design changes it will
not be part of FT2.  Instead, we will build a text layout engine on
top of FT2 which will have OT support.