Freetype2 and threads

From: Thomas Hudson
Subject: Freetype2 and threads
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 14:55:51 -0700

I've just started working with ft2 and have some questions.
I would like to use ft2 in a multithreaded environment, but
I noticed that faces are rendered into a single glyph slot.
Should I open multiple instances of each face (one for each
thread), and if so, what are the implications regarding
performance and memory usage.

Also noticed that it is possible to add glyph slots, but I don't
see anyway of specifying that these be used.

TIA,
Thomas Hudson
Gobe Software