Re: building for msvc6

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: building for msvc6
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 08:47:07 +0200 (CEST)

> Hey all.  I'm having some problems building the FreeType2 engine in
> MS Visual C++ 6.0.  Specifically, linking errors are being generated
> by the disparity between the similar files named "type1.c",
> "type1z.c", and "t1driver.c" in directories "type1" and "type1z".
> I've been getting a plethora of linking errors surrounding those
> particular directories.

Hmm, are you using `make multi'?  You shouldn't have these problems
with a single object build...

To succeed with `make multi', you must either use the `type1' or the
`type1z' module but not both -- no efforts are currently taken to
resolve this since `type1' will be removed eventually.

  . Remove the proper line from include/freetype/config/ftmodule.h

  . Rename the `rules.mk' in the module you want to omit to something
    different so that it won't be found by GNU make.