freetype2 wierdness.

From: Harley Blumenfeld
Subject: freetype2 wierdness.
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 22:00:10 GMT

I am seeing some wierdness while converting an application that
I am writing from freetype 1.3.1 to freetype2( freetype2-beta7 ).

Here is the situation. I think that the glyph slot that belongs to
the face I am creating with FT_New_Face isn't being initialized
correctly. While stepping through the program I saw that
the face->glyph looks something like this :
-glyph  0x029b1980
+       face    0x00000000
+       next    0x004100d0
        flags   4260096
-       metrics {...}
           width        4260064
           height       -33686019
           horiBearingX 0
           horiBearingY 65
           horiAdvance  129
           vertBearingX 43719200
           vertBearingY 43719008
           vertAdvance  0
+       metrics2        {...}
        format  ft_glyph_format_none
+       bitmap  {...}
+       outline {...}
        num_subglyphs   4259600
        max_subglyphs   4259456
+       subglyphs       0x00000000
        control_data    0xfdfdfdfd
        control_len     0
        other   0x00000000

The reason why I think that this is wrong is that when I open the
same font file in ftview and ftstring glyph->face is not NULL as
it is above and the all the metrics information is initialized to
zero. In my program the metrics information is always some unintialized
value, and the glyph->face variable is null.

Later on when I call FT_Load_Glyph the metrics are all wrong and
I can't allocate space for the bitmap because the pitch and
the rows information is wrong.

Any ideas? Anyone?

Harley Blumenfeld