Code page mapping question...

From: Pedriana, Paul
Subject: Code page mapping question...
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 16:01:14 -0700

FreeType (and for that matter TrueType) seems to prefer to
work in Unicode. Even if it doesn't, my interface to FreeType
is set to always work with Unicode. That is, it passes all
characters to FreeType as Unicode. However, we still
process text from various code pages (e.g. 932 (Japanese
multibyte), 1251 (Cyrillic single byte)). As a result, I pretty
much need functions to convert text in these code pages
to Unicode. It seems that this is a common problem.

So I'm wondering if there's already example code for any
of this. I suppose I could just make rather massive tables.
Is that what people usually do? It would be rather tedious
to generate these tables and some of them would be
rather large.

Thanks,

Paul