Re: Proposal for Integrate ftbench into FreeType's build structure - GSo

From: Alexei Podtelezhnikov
Subject: Re: Proposal for Integrate ftbench into FreeType's build structure - GSoC 2024
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2024 08:35:01 -0400

Hi Ahmet

Thanks. Please submit it. This is going to be to be rather low level
programming. On windows, it uses GDI, which is ancient. We have untested Carbon
implementation for old Mac pre X. It might be Quartz 2D for modern os. I will
rely on you to research this. It should be light weight.

Alexei

> On Apr 12, 2024, at 07:58, Ahmet Göksu <ahmet@goksu.in> wrote:
>

> Hello Alexei,
>
> I wrote my proposal for the related project.
>
> Best,
> Goksu
> goksu.in
>> On Apr 12, 2024 at 13:41 +0300, Alexei Podtelezhnikov <apodtele@gmail.com>,
>> wrote:
>> Excellent!
>> Take a look at Windows and X11 implementations
>> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/freetype/freetype-demos/-/tree/master/graph/x11
>> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/freetype/freetype-demos/-/tree/master/graph/win32
>>
>> Right now macOS needs XQuartz to run our graphics demos. The goal is
>> to implement it natively. It needs basic window opening, displaying a
>> flat bitmap, interpreting keyboard strikes.This is less than 1000
>> lines on Windows and X11.
>>
>> Please submit a proposal if you are interested
>>
>> Alexei
>>
>>> On Fri, Apr 12, 2024 at 3:28 AM Ahmet Göksu <ahmet@goksu.in> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello Alexei,
>>> Yes, I am using mac with m2 processor. I would happy to contribute.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Goksu