Re: [ft-devel] WOFF2 support in GSoC

From: Nikhil Ramakrishnan
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] WOFF2 support in GSoC
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2019 20:04:19 +0530

Hi,

> I think so. The metadata were in WOFF1 as well. They contain information
> usually packed into the 'name' table, but perhaps more structured. It is
> optional and can be added eventually.

OK.

A question related to the compression library:

Assuming the Brotli library from Google is used, how would it be
integrated into the codebase? Should the build system be modified to
look for the library in the system (like for the gzip drivers), or
should the source code be included and built with FreeType?

Also, the Support API has functions to open and uncompress gzip
streams. I believe this won't be required for Brotli?

--
Nikhil