Re: [ft-devel] what FT_Color

From: Alexei Podtelezhnikov
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] what FT_Color
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2019 20:38:26 -0500

> It *might* be possible to add a means to manipulate gradients.
> However, if this ever be desired, it must happen on the SVG side, this
> is, outside of FreeType's direct control.

I understand that the main use of FreeType is to produce bitmaps while
its ability to present the glyph data as outlines and how to paint
them is secondary. This is what is being lost. I would like FT_Color
be able to both be simple RGBA color for each contour or a reference
to something more complex like an pattern or a gradient. Perhaps, I
overthink this.