Re: [ft-devel] Logging library proposal

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Logging library proposal
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2019 11:22:53 +0100 (CET)

> I think everyone might be fine with these ideas, simply because,
> they don't even require an external library.

Some of them, however, are *not* easy to do right since you need quite
an intimate knowledge of the whole library to get decent results.

> These features will surely be helpful for debugging.  And until the
> debate of external library converges, implementing them can run in
> parallel.

Yes.

> So Werner, if you think these are worth including, shall I start
> coding them?  But still, the config file is something that has to be
> designed well and needs opinions.

Before doing any real coding I would like to see a `prototype'.  Take
an arbitrary, small .c file from FreeType and `enrich' it with the
stuff you envision, then post it to the list.

BTW, are you going to submit a GSoC proposal?  The prototype would
serve well then :-)