Re: [ft-devel] Rendering issues with xpdf (and other Linux based pdf vie

From: Hin-Tak Leung
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Rendering issues with xpdf (and other Linux based pdf viewers)
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2018 23:27:24 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Derek,

On Saturday, 29 September 2018, 02:58

> I'm attaching the output from pdftopng for those two pages.  Can you
send me the output you're getting?

The first problem is not seen in the topng result, and only in the QT display (I try png also then look at the display again), so I have taken a photo of my screen quickly (the 4179 attachment) - see the dotted circles only shows 3 dots. The 2nd problem is in your topng result also - there are small gaps and positioning problems with the Arabic. I have attached screen capture of the correct rendering from acrobat android. I found a similar problem with a devanagari font also, and it is more obvious; so the android acrobat result is also attached - notice the bottom red glyphs, and compare how xpdf does it (this affects other viewers too).

I extracted the two pages, plus putting the new issue in the middle, as http://htl10.users.sf.net/FontVal-x.pdf , it is only 140k.

Hin-Tak