Re: [ft-devel] Prototypes of memory debugging routines on WIN64

From: Alexei Podtelezhnikov
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Prototypes of memory debugging routines on WIN64
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2018 23:15:56 -0400

> >> Indeed, size_t is the correct C89-compliant type. Would it hurt to
> >> modify FT_Alloc_Func and FT_Realloc_Func?
> >
> > Ping! (with a patch)
>
> Looks good!  Provided we can use it without breaking the ABI, please
> proceed.

The ABI checker report is attached. The change is noticed but
permitted, I think. I was checking on LP64, where sizes of long and
size_t match. They do not match on LLP64, which we are actually trying
to fix. Should proceed with the patch? In addition I wonder if the
entire ftdbgmem.c should be reworked with size_t instead of FT_Long.

API compatibility report for the libfreetype.so object between 0 and 1 versions on x86_64

Binary
Compatibility
Source
Compatibility

Test Info

Module Namefreetype
Version #10
Version #21
Archx86_64
GCC Version7.3.1
SubjectBinary Compatibility

Test Results

Total Header Files37
Total Source Files35
Total Objects1
Total Symbols / Types205 / 446
Compatibility 100%

Problem Summary

SeverityCount
Added Symbols-0
Removed SymbolsHigh0
Problems with
Data Types
High0
Medium0
Low2
Problems with
Symbols
High0
Medium0
Low0
Problems with
Constants
Low0

Problems with Data Types, Low Severity  2

ftsystem.h
[+] typedef FT_Alloc_Func  1
[+] typedef FT_Realloc_Func  1

to the top