Re: [ft-devel] Removing FT_Outline_New_Internal

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Removing FT_Outline_New_Internal
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2018 08:12:25 +0200 (CEST)

> A cursory search on GitHub
>
>   https://github.com/search?q=FT_Outline_Done_Internal&type=Code
>
> says that the two functions at least seem to be part of Servo’s
> FreeType bindings
>

> https://github.com/servo/rust-freetype/search?q=FT_Outline_Done_Internal&unscoped_q=FT_Outline_Done_Internal

Hmm, this is a 0.* version...

> and of freetype-sys
>

> https://github.com/PistonDevelopers/freetype-sys/search?q=FT_Outline_Done_Internal&unscoped_q=FT_Outline_Done_Internal

Ditto.

> so I suppose generated bindings may be the primary users of those
> two functions?

Yes, I think so.  They want to cover as much as possible, regardless
whether it gets used or not.

> I think we’re out of luck here...

Well, I dare to say that these two rather new bindings shouldn't be
an obstacle.

Anyway, I've just opened tickets for both projects (and some others),
asking them to remove bindings for those two functions, which makes
sense regardless whether we are going to remove the stuff or not.