Re: [ft-devel] PCF: Issues with lazy copy in `ft_bitmap_glyph_init'

From: armin
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] PCF: Issues with lazy copy in `ft_bitmap_glyph_init'
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2018 20:38:32 +0200

>> I'm still working on the bitmaps and just ran into an interesting
>> access violation that happens with using the API exactly (?) as it is
>> intended to:
>>
>>   FT_Load_Glyph( face, index, load_flags );
>>
>>   FT_Get_Glyph( face->glyph, &glyph );
>>   FT_Done_Glyph( glyph );
>>
>>   FT_Get_Glyph( face->glyph, &glyph ); // fails with an
>>                                        // access violation
>
> Looks like a bug.  Please provide a simple compilable example that I can
use
> for debugging.

Sorry, sure, I forgot!  You could use `2018-08-20-bitmaps' on my private
fork like:

$ git clone https://github.com/cherusker/freetype2-testing.git
cherusker-freetype2-testing
$ cd cherusker-freetype2-testing
$ git checkout 2018-08-20-bitmaps
$ cd fuzzing/scripts
$ ./custom-script.sh
... <here go your settings, asan is required> ...
$ ../build/bin/driver --glyphs-bitmaps-pcf
../corpora/glyphs-bitmaps-pcf/bungeman/HangingS-16lL.pcf
... <in fact ANY pcf font triggers the issue, feel free to choose> ...

Is that OK, or should I extract a teeny-tiny sample with just the 4 to 5
necessary API calls?