Re: [ft-devel] perl binding of the FontVal FreeType backend

From: Hin-Tak Leung
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] perl binding of the FontVal FreeType backend
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2018 04:50:01 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 10/8/18, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

> In what way do your Perl
> bindings differ from, say, `Font::FreeType'?

>   https://metacpan.org/pod/Font::FreeType

It is built on top of exactly that :-), and strictly compatible. With some
general additional codes being proposed (in a pull on github) for inclusion in
a future release of that; as well as some FontVal-specific things which are
still sitting in my hard disc, basically waiting for those generally-useful
codes being included in their final form in an upcoming release of
Font::FreeType , before I can adapt and post the FontVal-specific stuff.

"p5-Font-FreeType" is the name of the package which gives you the
"Font::FreeType" perl 5 module :-). They are the same thing.

Hin-Tak