Re: [ft-devel] Updates to Docwriter: Logging, testing, linting

From: Nikolaus Waxweiler
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Updates to Docwriter: Logging, testing, linting
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2018 20:15:47 +0100

Thanks.  I still prefer 2-space indentation; for deeper nesting levels
it is easier to stay within the 78 (or 79) character-per-line limit...

(Try to refactor code instead when you reach deeper levels)

> I'll wait before applying a formatter till there is a consensus
> here :-)

Indeed.  You shouldn't waste time on this issue since you already
maintain well-formatted code.

(The maintenance of which is an ongoing cost compared to the automatism, which is why I suggested a formatter in the first place. Also note that you can easily format everything later in one big commit and then ignore it when git blaming)