Re: [ft-devel] Problems with gfdriver in ftview.

From: Parth Wazurkar
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Problems with gfdriver in ftview.
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2018 21:25:38 +0530

> I have removed all the memory leak errors in the gf driver.  But now
> when I run `ftview', it is still not loading the glyphs.

Before delving into this issue: Does your `ftexample' now work
correctly?

Yes, I can't say for sure as I didn't draw every glyph by the gdb
method (It takes a lot of time too.), but I changed the values of
rows and width and now it seems correct, I still have a doubt
about pitch value, currently it is set to (w+7) / 8 (w: glyph width ).
The documentation says `For the B/W rasterizer, ‘pitch’ is always
an even number.' but this is also returning odd values. Is there any
problem in this?
I thought that ftview had problems because of memory leak errors
in gfdriver, that is why I asked this problem.

> ==11084== Invalid read of size 1
> ==11084==    at 0x10E758: my_face_requester (ftcommon.c:221)

What git commit ID of the `freetype2-demos' repository are you using?

I am using freetype2-demos' VER 2.9.1.