Re: [ft-devel] GSoC Status update

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] GSoC Status update
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2018 06:58:06 +0200 (CEST)

> I have cleaned up the code and now gf driver has all the code
> required to run the driver, the driver is now properly extracting
> the information correctly from the font file.  All the
> `gf_driver_class' functions are also complete now.

Excellent.  Will test soon.

> But, when I run `ftview' it is giving errors somewhere, it loads the
> display but after a while gives a segmentation fault.  After some
> debugging I found out that the error is in the
> `FTC_Manager_LookupFace' function.  I am unable to figure out the
> error here.  Please help me with this.

I suggest that you use `valgrind'.  To get meaningful results you
should have debugging symbols in the binary (i.e., compile the library
with `make devel; make'.

    valgrind ftview ...

An additional help is to use clang's sanitize functionality: Add
`-fsanitize=undefined' and `-fsanitize=address' while compiling and
linking with clang (or a recent gcc version), then run the binary.
Note that valgrind can't digest a binary with sanitize functionality
since it essentially does the same.

If this doesn't help I need an example to reproduce the problem,
together with instructions how to trigger the segfault.