Re: [ft-devel] [GSoC] Update From the Fuzzing Front

From: armin
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] [GSoC] Update From the Fuzzing Front
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2018 11:24:40 +0200

> Looks good!  Are you going to document your approach in
`freetype2-testing's
> `README.md' file?

Absolutely, definitely! :)  However, I plan to have a separate README for
"working with/extending the the fuzz targets" to avoid polluting the main
README of the testing repository.  The same is true for the (looong) table
of fuzzed FreeType interface functions.  But I'm not sure yet how "complex"
the documentation (and the whole `freetype2-testing' repo) should get in the
end.  After all the fuzz targets should be "simple" tools that are as tiny
as possible and 98% self-explanatory.  Hence I use a few "hacks" (in OOP
sense) to get better trade-offs between flexibility and "as little code as
possible".

> Everything looks very clean :-)

Thanks a lot, that's encouraging to hear :)

Armin