Re: [ft-devel] [Doubt] Error with STREAM_FILE function.

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] [Doubt] Error with STREAM_FILE function.
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2018 06:24:16 +0200 (CEST)

> The function STREAM_FILE used to extract file pointer from input
> stream is not working.  I also tried to use
> stream->descriptor.pointer directly but it also gives the same error
> with ftview. *(Error:
> */home/parth/freetype-demos-deve/bin/.libs/ftview: symbol lookup
> error: /home/parth/freetype-devel/objs/.libs/libfreetype.so.6:
> undefined symbol: STREAM_FILE).

`STREAM_FILE' is a macro!  In other words, it must *never* appear as
an undefined symbol in the DLL.  Doing `git grep STREAM_FILE', I get

  builds/unix/ftsystem.c:  /* We use the macro STREAM_FILE for convenience to
extract the       */
  builds/unix/ftsystem.c:#define STREAM_FILE( stream )  (
(FILE*)stream->descriptor.pointer )
  src/base/ftsystem.c:  /* We use the macro STREAM_FILE for convenience to
extract the       */
  src/base/ftsystem.c:#define STREAM_FILE( stream )  (
(FT_FILE*)stream->descriptor.pointer )
  src/base/ftsystem.c:    ft_fclose( STREAM_FILE( stream ) );
  src/base/ftsystem.c:    file = STREAM_FILE( stream );

As can be seen, `STREAM_FILE' is only locally defined in
`builds/unix/ftsystem.c' and `src/base/ftsystem.c'.  If you want to
have such an abbreviation in a different source file, you have to
#define it.

What are you trying to do?