Re: [ft-devel] GSoC Status update and complete API reference website

From: Nikhil Ramakrishnan
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] GSoC Status update and complete API reference website
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2018 00:05:12 +0530

It is nice that most ordered and unordered lists are picked up. Is it
described somewhere what is recognized as a list?

For now any list style supported by markdown should work except in
field tables (there is a problem with ordered lists right now, but I am
working to fix this). You can expect any format given in this
handy cheatsheet to work:
https://github.com/adam-p/markdown-here/wiki/Markdown-Cheatsheet#lists

I do not like
`quoted' text. Can we use italics instead of quotes?

This depends on how we want to handle quoted text. There is already a
format for italics (underscore), and things like variable names would
look weird in italics.
I do have a suggestion - Changing variable names and inline code snippets
to `foobar` instead of `foobar'. Markdown will add an inline code block
around the text (see attached image).

Any thoughts?

--
Nikhil