[ft-devel] Markdown generated with docmaker, and website

From: Nikhil Ramakrishnan
Subject: [ft-devel] Markdown generated with docmaker, and website
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2018 19:17:04 +0530

Hi all,

I have been working on generating markdown by modifying docmaker,

The generated site with Material theme is available at
https://nikramakrishnan.github.io/freetype-site/ft2-toc/

(Please note that only General Remarks and Core API sections are
available for now).

All the generated markdown files can be found at
https://github.com/nikramakrishnan/freetype-docwriter/tree/master/docs/reference

Some comments:

* I have modified the original material theme to increase the width of
the page, so the navigation should only disappear at a higher zoom
level.

* I am currently using a custom _javascript_ snippet to scroll to field
entries from links in code blocks. This is because the navigation bar
on the top of the page covers the field otherwise. I will file an issue
for this on the original theme repository.

* I will further modify the theme if required, and write a script to generate
the complete docs automatically in the next few days.

Please let me know of any problems or bugs, and suggestions, if any.

P.S.: If anybody is interested in the script that writes the markdown
files, it is available at https://github.com/nikramakrishnan/freetype-docwriter/blob/master/tomarkdown.py

--
Nikhil