Re: [ft-devel] Possible SEGV problem in aflatin.c

From: Shailesh Mistry
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Possible SEGV problem in aflatin.c
Date: Fri, 11 May 2018 15:28:03 +0000

> I've just committed a different solution, avoiding allocation
> altogether in case HarfBuzz isn't available (if HarfBuzz is available,
> the problem can't occur according to the HarfBuzz documentation).

Thank you for the quick response.

I have tested the patch and fallen over a related problem.
Given that shaper_buf is no longer allocated, it also no longer needs to be freed.
This can be remedied by using :-

#ifdef FT_CONFIG_OPTION_USE_HARFBUZZ
    af_shaper_buf_destroy( face, shaper_buf );
#endif

Also, depending on how you feel about exiting as quickly as possible after an error, the
while loops could be updated to finish as soon as an error is detected to avoid
needlessly looping around the code.

Shailesh