Re: [ft-devel] ftver.rc on Linux

From: Alexei Podtelezhnikov
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] ftver.rc on Linux
Date: Tue, 8 May 2018 09:31:10 -0400

On Mon, May 7, 2018 at 7:19 PM, Derek B. Noonburg
<address@hidden> wrote:
> In any case, success of LT_PROG_RC doesn't imply that <windows.h>
> exists, or that we want the DLL resource file at all -- it's presumably
> not useful when building a Linux library.

make RC='' would work around the issue for you. If windres is provided
for cross-compilation, windows.h should be provided as well in a
reasonable cross-compilation setup. I would not want to drop it from
ftver.rc. It is true that it is only useful for DLL. I wonder if
LT_INIT(win32-dll) defines something when successful.