Re: [ft-devel] [freetype-2.9.1] FT_Init_FreeType is missing with cc on S

From: suzuki toshiya
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] [freetype-2.9.1] FT_Init_FreeType is missing with cc on Solaris x64
Date: Fri, 04 May 2018 08:50:40 +0900

Dear Alan!

I have not dreamed that the staff from Sun can help, I'm
very happy.

Alan Coopersmith wrote:
> And for the visibility attributes X.Org uses the ifdefs in:
> https://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/proto/xorgproto/tree/include/X11/Xfuncproto.h#n97
> (using the original annotations from the Sun compiler before the
>  attribute form became popularized, but you can see other attributes
>  in that file are handled correctly as well).

It's very helpful to understand the lowest version of SunPro C to
enable visibility feature, thanks! In this case, "__global" style
is used...

I guess, latest Oracle cc may accept both of __global and
__attribute__((visibility)) styles, and both of --xldscope and
-fvisibility= styles.

If so, there's any preference? If the style like GCC was
introduced in later (for the compatibility with GCC), using
GCC-unlike style would be more generic for SunPro C.

Regards,
mpsuzuki