Re: [ft-devel] [freetype-2.9.1] FT_Init_FreeType is missing with cc on S

From: suzuki toshiya
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] [freetype-2.9.1] FT_Init_FreeType is missing with cc on Solaris x64
Date: Thu, 03 May 2018 22:42:16 +0900

Alexei Podtelezhnikov wrote:
>> Thus, attribute visibility is only enabled for GCC >= 4.
>>
>> Comparing with configure.raw, I guess you assumed that
>> -fvisibility is GCC-specific feature?
>
> Solaris compiler would natively need -xldscope=hidden and __global
> attribute, according to
> http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/server-storage/solaris/symbol-scope-140496.html

The values of attribute-visibility would be compatible with
GNU style, according to
https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19205-01/821-2496/bjabi/index.html
please find 2.9.

> -fvisibility is GNU so Solaris had better define __GNUC__. Oh well.

According to configure.log.xz by Kanazawa-san, Oracle cc
(pretends to as if it) supports -fvisibility.
Anyway, I have no objection to write Sun style explicitly.

Regards,
mpsuzuki