Re: [ft-devel] Markdown Documentation in header files

From: Nikhil Ramakrishnan
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Markdown Documentation in header files
Date: Wed, 2 May 2018 23:20:03 +0530

I don't object.  However, it's a lot of work to walk over the whole
documentation to unify the comment formats, which is dull work I was
always too lazy for doing.

My plan is to automatically do this with a program.

In particular, it's not clear to me what
happens with stuff between a closing </section> and the next
<section>.  Right now, a section is everything until the next
<section> tag appears.

This is to maintain consistency, if we're using markup tags.
Please have a look at the attached file 'comments_example_1.h'
This uses ending tags for sections, functions and other parts.

I haven't thought much about this, but because there aren't nested
tags right now, and I don't see any such requirement in the foreseeable
future (is there?), I think we can do fine without any closing tags.

Using ```c directly is OK with me.  We sometimes have pseudo code
samples that aren't valid C code; for such cases we could then
directly use a ``` block (without a trailing c) to avoid potential
highlighting errors.

Ok. This would be ideal if we're not doing closing tags.

--
Nikhil