[ft-devel] Freetype demos on fedora (Re: Freetype-devel Digest, Vol 158,

From: Hin-Tak Leung
Subject: [ft-devel] Freetype demos on fedora (Re: Freetype-devel Digest, Vol 158, Issue 37
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2018 11:59:54 +0000 (UTC)

I run ftview and ftgrid quite regularly on fedora - they are in the
"freetype-demo" package. If you are not too picky about using the latest
versions, they'll do. Otherwise, actually trying to build the source rpm (use
"dnf --srpm download freetype-demo" to get it) then "rpmbuild --rebuild
<thesrpm>" would probably tell you what fedora devel packages you are missing.

Also, you might need to be using "gnome classic" (it is a session option below
your login prompt") to be using X11 programs. Again, installing
gnome-classic-session will probably bring in everything you need, if you do not
have x11 already. The default gnome shell is wayland - I don't use it as it
does not work well on my hardware.